Bill Information Edit
Title: AN ACT relating to economic development.
Sponsor: Sen. Reginald Thomas
Date Introduced: 17 February 2016
Final Resolution: In progress
What Does It Do? Edit
Overall, this bill mandates that retail electric suppliers use more renewable energy, requires retail electric suppliers to take energy-efficiency measures and implement energy-efficiency programs that increase energy savings over time, and creates a new system of tariffs for the purchase of renewable power.
What Are the Politics? Edit
This bill is a strongly Democratic leaning bill.
- Increased use of renewable energy through penalties
- Support for the environment
- Increased incentives for renewable energy use
- New programs to continue progress toward better energy consumption
- Increased regulation and "red tape" businesses
- Higher costs to change appliances to renewable sources
- New tariffs which may or may not help businesses
Major Changes During Process Edit
Media Coverage Edit